Magpie Style Guide
Creating a high-quality listing for your tourism product – one that works for your audience as well as resellers – requires a bit of time and effort. The rewards are obvious, though, so let’s explore how Magpie can help you craft a unique listing that attracts customers, and makes it easier to manage your listing across multiple sites.
In e-commerce, 20% of user task failure is due to unclear or incomplete product information.
What your listing should do
The objective of your listing is to attract customers and allow them to book. But how do we do that?
A great listing is more than just an accurate representation of your product. We’ll show you how to create a listing that uses proven marketing tactics to:
- engender trust and confidence in you and your product,
- enable a potential customer to imagine themselves engaged in your activity,
- eliminate spend guilt, which is a major reason people decide against purchasing online.
How people read digital content
On websites and apps, users don’t read every word – at least not when first finding out about a product. They skim. So even a single phrase that doesn’t add to a user’s understanding is a distraction.
We’ll show you how to use this to your advantage by:
- getting to the point, fast,
- identifying and removing unnecessary content,
- structuring sections to maximise effectiveness.
Put your content first
Resellers operate on websites and apps; each with their own styles, colours and fonts. Your potential customer is looking at your content on desktops, tablets and phones. We need to make everyone happy.
A ‘content first’ approach simply means that content that works on all devices will work for more people. To achieve that, we need to think of the most basic needs of our audience. If content works for them, it’ll work for everyone.
You can create effective mobile-first content by:
- not assuming content layout or appearance,
- creating a clear hierarchy of content and calls to action,
- writing everything more concisely: headings, descriptions, highlights and all.
We’ll show you how.
Include the content needed to achieve your objectives; no more, no less.
Improve your listing with Magpie experts
Take the hassle and uncertainty out of creating top quality product listings. Let Magpie’s global team of digital content experts review and improve your content.
We’ll target your audience of potential customers with engaging content and compelling calls to action, structured with the world’s biggest reseller sites in mind.
Contact us to learn more